OVER HOUSE RULES AND POLICIES
The OVER house is designed to provide a temporary safe, secure, comfortable, and alcohol/drug free environment while
receiving Substance Abuse, Mental Health, or other treatment from Local Providers as agreed to by O.V.E.R.
Following is a list of responsibilities and expectations of all residents. By signing the attached form, you agree to
uphold your part in providing a positive living environment.
1. House Manager will provide supervision while resident is at the house. House manager answers to the Officers of the
Board. If you decide not to follow the rules make other arrangement for shelter immediately !
2. Residents are to abstain from mood-altering chemicals unless prescribed by a physician.
3. House Manager will hold residents accountable for their actions and/or attitudes.
4. Residents on medications are responsible for taking their medications as prescribed.
5. Residents agree to maintain personal hygiene.
6. Residents are not allowed to use any item that contains alcohol. (I.e. aftershave, mouthwash, hand sanitizer.)Items
in question need to be cleared for use by House Manager.
7. Residents are required to attend three (3) recovery meetings weekly. Either NA or AA. Document your meetings.
8. Residents are required for cleaning up immediately after use of bathrooms, kitchen, or bedrooms.
9. No lying on furniture or sleeping in the living room.
10. Residents are to dress appropriately.
11. Residents are to have visitors only during 1300-1500 Sundays. Any visitor exhibiting disruptive behavior will be asked
to leave the premises.
12. Residents are limited to two 15-minute phone calls daily on the house phone.
13. Residents are not allowed pets.
14. Residents are to use only UL listed small appliances (i.e. blow dryers, shavers) in the house.
15. Residents are responsible for adhering to management rules concerning securing the premises.
16. Residents are to be respectful of neighbors and each other. No loud voices, music, laundry facilities, or cooking
17. All residents are expected to interact, cooperate with others, and participate in O.V.E.R. events.
18. Do not post updates about any resident on any social media.
19. Residents will ask House Manager what items are available for snacks.
20. THE FOLLOWING BEHAVIORS HAVE ZERO TOLERANCE, ARE PROHIBITED, AND MAY RESULT IN IMMEDIATE REMOVAL FROM THE O.V.E.R.
Gambling of any sort
Threatening, fighting, or striking of other residents
Financial transactions. This is to minimize or eliminate hard feelings between residents.
Smoking in residence
Candles or incense
21. If a resident leaves any personal items at the house, after one week it will be considered abandoned and will discarded
as the Board of Directors deems appropriate.
22. Due to limited space, residents are allowed 2 suitcases of personal belongings.
23. Residents know that if their viewing of TV, movies, or any electronic devices including telephones, interferes in
their recovery, they may be given restrictions.
24. Residents who are moving on will not be able to remove their belongings until all other residents are present.
25. Any problems with the rules should be discussed with the House Manager. House manager will inform the Board of Directors.
26. Residents do not make the rules. The Board of Directors can change the rules and adapt the rules at any time. You are
a guest in the O.V.E.R. House. You are not establishing any kind of permanent residency. Our goal is to help guests establish
permanent residency outside the O.V.E.R. House.
Click here to print the Rules.
Be considerate of others !